Permit Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions for residential and Commercial Vehicle Permits
The permit entitles the householder to dispose of Household Waste up to twelve times in a twelve month period, commencing from the date of issue of the permit, at a Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) free of charge subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Please note we do not issue permits if you live outside the District of Wakefield.
- You may only use the permit to dispose of household waste. Household waste is waste arising from your own home provided that remuneration has not been received for the collection or disposal of that waste by a third party.
- Household waste does not include waste arising from any trade, business industrial or commercial activities or from another organisation such as a charity. It is illegal to dispose of commercial or industrial waste at any HWRC. Failure to comply with the law is a criminal offence which may lead to prosecution. Anyone found to be disposing of trade waste will have their permits withdrawn.
- A household may hold only two residential permits at a time in respect of one vehicle. Permits are not transferable and are only valid for the vehicle indicated on the permit.
- Our electronic system will be used to deduct one permit per visit from your account when visiting any HWRC. You must comply with any Renewi UK Serives Ltd or Wakefield Council site instructions, and conditions of use which may be notified to you by operatives at the time of your visit.
- The permit allows twelve visits per household in a twelve month period from the date of issue of the permit. Upon expiry of the twelve month period, new permits must be obtained by applying online. You will need to upload at that time, or later present, evidence of your V5 log book and council tax / utility bill / driving licence to our Wakefield (Denby Dale Rd) HWRC. Alternatively, should you not be able to access the internet you can visit the Wakefield (Denby Dale Rd) HWRC to apply.
- Brick and rubble will be accepted at HWRCs using your two allocated permits but is limited to one 6 x 4m trailer load or 6 x 25 kilogram size bags of material per month. If you are carrying out work that is likely to exceed this limit (i.e digging foundations or removing a driveway) we recommend that you should obtain a skip from Wakefield Council.
- Renewi have a policy of zero tolerance towards violence, aggression, threatening behaviour or harassment toward staff or other site users.